Arduino based Timer Build Help !!!!!

Hi Everyone

I am new to Arduino and have no background in electronics. Its a new hobby I have taken up as its very exciting and challenging for me. Being a hobbyist I am learning at my own pace and it takes time. I have made some beginner circuits from the library and that impressed me so much. Wish I had taken electronics at my degree stage :(

I have made some timers from the sketches. However there is an arduino 15 second timer that I would like to make but cannot find it any where. I will try to describe it in my basic language as I am not still familiar with the electronic lingo as yet. Hope you can understand -

1. Main toggle switch to power on with a red led indicator

2. A push button to turn a green led and a coin size vibrator motor on for 15 seconds ( this should not come on by itself when the main toggle switch is turned on)

3. Power off by turning the Main toggle switch to off postion.

I will be mounting these in a plastic enclosure. Would any fellow memebers here be able to help me out with this project or guide me to where it can be found.

Sorry for the trouble and time but would really appreciate your inputs.

Regards

Jay

15 sec timer…

15sec(){for x=0; x<=15; x++;
delay(1000);
}

Thanks for the reply !!! I am sure its correct. However, having no background in electronics, I am unable to understand that language.

Can someone please help with the electronics and software side of this.

Regards

there are numerous examples of the C code used on arduinos..just do some study.. what u say u need to accomplish i think u can do.!!

{for x=0; x<=15; x++;

Oops.

Also double oops

15sec() {//...}

I want apple2 to go look up the 'for' command.. the real point i was wanting to make, but failed to make--is this-- any time u make ahuge long delay event...make sure u break it down into shorter segments --that will allow u to check and see if somebody is standing on a 'cancel' btn or something else with priority is happeneing.. my bad..

15sec(){for x=0 to whatever do delay(1000) ----check for cancel the delay here-- }