ARDUINO Basics 1

A sequence of 6 LEDs is repeated (from left to right). When a button is pressed the sequence changes direction (from right to left) and continues as long as the button is kept pressed. Arrangements and cycles must be used. Pins where the LEDs should go on the Arduino: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Button pin: 8

Moved your topic to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Please pay ATTENTION to the the sections suitable for posting in future.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

You describe a project. What are you asking for? Do you want to see the code all worked out for this? You'll learn a lot more by figuring it out yourself. Start out figuring out how to blink 6 LED's in a row. Once you can do that, it should be pretty obvious how to reverse the sequence. Then figure out how to add the button. You'll feel a lot more confident about your Arduino smarts when you're done. Good luck.

jrdoner

jrdoner:
What are you asking for?

Apart from that, what does this even mean?

Danny_Phantom28:
Arrangements and cycles must be used.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Can you tell us how much Arduino programming you have done?
Have you written code to read a button?
Have you written code to turn a LED on and off?

What model Arduino are you using?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

No one's going to provide you the complete code for your project. Even if someone goes through all the trouble, still you won't be able to run it, if you don't learn Arduino first.

So, first learn Arduino Programming, which is quite simple, you can try built-in examples. Moreover, your project is quite simple and with little effort you can quite easily design it on your own.

jackthomson42:
Even if someone goes through all the trouble [to provide you the complete code for your project], still you won't be able to run it, if you don't learn Arduino first.

That makes no sense: the whole point of providing complete code would be so the OP can run it without learning Arduino. You don't need to know anything about Arduino code to simply run it.

No one's going to provide you the complete code for your project

That's not your decision; if I want to I will.

That is a cut and paste from an assignment he has been given, I would say. Looks like he wants us to do his homework.

AJLElectronics:
Looks like he* wants us to do his homework.

Very possibly; but he *or she didn't say. And he/she/they need to explain wth "Arrangements and cycles must be used" means before I'll offer any advice or code (edit) although the code I think he/she wants is ready when they want it :wink:

Flower arrangements and pedal cycles perhaps?

petal cycles :wink:

Seems to be a lesson from here

It is up to you guys if you want to help but the OP is not even trying so I would say no myself.
Help the OP cheat if you want as that is what they are seemingly doing.

CHEATING is not LEARNING !

ballscrewbob:
Seems to be a lesson from here

Well spotted!

ballscrewbob:
It is up to you guys if you want to help but the OP is not even trying so I would say no myself.

Oh, be assured, no-one is likely to do "his"§ project for "him" without suitable recompense, but are just enjoying making fun of such foolishness. :grinning:

(§) Presumably, a "her" would be smarter. :grinning:

You would hope so Paul, but recent evidence seems to show that the female of the species is very quickly catching up with the Darwin Award gathering males! The females are just a little more circumspect whilst doing it. :wink:

ballscrewbob:
I would say no myself.

To what though? OP didn't ask for anything, not advice, not clues, not full working code, not comment on existing code, not a thing.