Arduino Battery Pack

Hey guys just curious if anyone knows why my ping sensor when powered up by a battery pack pings only once then stops. While as opposed to being hooked up to the computer pings on a 5 millisecond delay. any ideas?

Probably not enough power. What are the specs on the sensor? What batteries are you using?

Thats what I figured. 5 Volts on the sensor. 3 AA batteries.

Rechargeable NiMH batteries only give 1.2 volts, so 3 AA rechargeable batteries would give 4.2 volts. Fresh alkalines would give 1.5 volts, so 3 Alkalines would give 4.5 volts initially, and then less voltage.

Yup I actually have 4 not sure why I said 3 but they werent new so I’m guessing they just need to be replaced thanks guys.

Hey guys just curious if anyone knows why my ping sensor when powered up by a battery pack pings only once then stops. While as opposed to being hooked up to the computer pings on a 5 millisecond delay. any ideas?

This is really hard to decipher, especially in light of the name of the thread.

If you're powering the Arduino board from a battery pack, you should be supplying at least 7-8V, meaning 5 alkaline or 6 rechargeable cells, if the board has an isolation diode in the Vin line.

Also, if by "ping" you mean Parallax Ping, then the specs indicate 5V, and they usually mean 5V regulated, so run the Ping off the 5V pin of the Arduino board, and not off the batteries directly.