Arduino BIOS flasher with using the ESP8266.

Hi guys, I learnt to use Arduino to flash EEPROMS and BIOS chips, But I have one question, can I do something like this Restoring bricked Eachine ProDVR after failed firmware update but replace the CH340G with a wireless programmer like HC-05 or ESP8266? I know this is ridiculous but it would be a fun project for me to write EEPROMS wirelessly. What basically happens at the post is the Arduino pro mini is flashed with a frser-duino firmware and then the pro mini turns into a SPI to UART programmer, and CH340G is used to bridge the UART connections through USB to the PC(since it is a USB to TTL converter)...am I right? What I am trying to do is to use the ESP8266 as the UART bridge to read/dump and write flash chips using the Arduino pro mini. Is this possible? I also read that serprog(one of the flash protocols used for flashing by these Arduinos as programmers) supports flashing over TCP, or IP address.....am I wrong here?

Please pardon me for bad english or wrong sentences...I am not so good at it.

Yes but a very ambitious project! Most BIOS chips are not EEPROMS but Flash device. Many of these devices are not serial but parallel by design. With the correct software (you write it) and the ability to control target power supplies you are off and running. You are partially correct.

Thank you for reply. I just need a reference to start. Is ESP-Link firmware good? GitHub - jeelabs/esp-link: esp8266 wifi-serial bridge, outbound TCP, and arduino/AVR/LPC/NXP programmer
It turns ESP into a transparent WiFi to serial bridge. I am thinking how should it work, and what I meant was to flash SPI memory IC (8 pin eeproms, etc) over the air. Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.