Arduino & Bitvoicer - Simple way to turn on/off computer monitors?

Hi, I've got my mic working on arduino, and am running it through a serial port. Bitvoicer is able to recognize what I am saying. The last thing I am trying to do is turn my computers monitors on and off. Is there some simple C# code that I can put into bitvoicer that would allow me to do that or does bitvoicer only output to the arduino microcontroller?

Hi, I've got my mic working on arduino, and am running it through a serial port. Bitvoicer is able to recognize what I am saying. The last thing I am trying to do is turn my computers monitors on and off. Is there some simple C# code that I can put into bitvoicer that would allow me to do that or does bitvoicer only output to the arduino microcontroller?

A C# code will work because you can have acces to serial port from C#. You must figure out the C# library to control the monitor via software (sleep commands).

Bitvoicer is able to recognize what I am saying.

Is Bitvoicer software or hardware? Running on the Arduino or on the PC?

The last thing I am trying to do is turn my computers monitors on and off.

That does not seem like something you can do from the Arduino. That would have to be done on the PC side.

Is there some simple C# code that I can put into bitvoicer that would allow me to do that

That's not an Arduino question, is it?

or does bitvoicer only output to the arduino microcontroller?

I do believe you need to tell us more about bitvoicer or Bitvoicer.

Bitvoicer is voice recognition software that runs on the PC. I'll have to see if I can dig up the library somewhere on line.

@jdlev, do not cross-post. Threads merged.