Arduino Board Voltage Reading Capabilities

Hello!

Which Arduino board can read small voltage inputs such as in millivolts with the greatest accuracy? I know that Arduino Uno does go down pretty far in the decimals(0 to 1023). However, since my project relies on really small scale voltage sensing, I am wondering if there are other boards that can read very miniscule voltage and ultimately signal a subsequent operation with code?

Thank you!

Do you have exact requirements?
Have you considered using a lower analogue reference voltage than the supply voltage?
Have you considered using an amplifier?

With the default 5V (Vcc) reference the resolution (each ADC step/count) is about 5mV (5/1023). With the optional 1.1V reference the resolution is about 1mV.

I've built some "auto-ranging) projects that switch automatically between the two ranges depending on the readings I'm getting.

I'm not sure if you loose linearity/accuracy with the lower reference, and I'm not sure how low of an external reference you can use before you start loosing linearity/accuracy.

Of course, the other solution is to amplify your signal.

If you are using a thermocouple or strain gauge, etc., it's pretty standard to use an amplifier.

ArJoshi:
Hello!

Which Arduino board can read small voltage inputs such as in millivolts with the greatest accuracy? I know that Arduino Uno does go down pretty far in the decimals(0 to 1023). However, since my project relies on really small scale voltage sensing, I am wondering if there are other boards that can read very miniscule voltage and ultimately signal a subsequent operation with code?

Thank you!

Do you know what “really small scale” and “very miniscule voltage” actually means ?

Do you want to read (at reasonable resolution) 1000mV or 1mV ?

I'll use an amplifier!

Thank you!

@ArJoshi, do not cross-post. Other thread removed.