Arduino bought from Amazon red on light and flashing red LED light

I'm a newbie. Just got in an Arduino from Amazon and from the moment I plugged it in the on light is red and one LED on the board flashes red. The board looks exactly like the images of Arduino but I notice there is no "Made in Italy" stamp in the upper left? Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if it's a clone? My hardware manager recognizes it as an Arduino Uno.

You may have gotten a clone board. If the seller put pictures of the official Arduino board in his/her sales, you should get a refund.

But clone boards can work well too. Is the flashing red LED labeled 'L'? If it is, then its normal. All Arduinos come with a preloaded blink sketch, and the 'L' led is actually connected to Digital Pin 13. So yeah it's normal.

For those you searching this topic:

Your UNO is working perfectly -- the Red LED is the power on indicator (it is not green as some manuals indicate) and the Blinking Red LED is the BLINK SKETCH (program) running as it should.

With UNO plugged in to your USB port, Start up your Arduino IDE, then select File, Open Recent, BLINK. Edit the timer loop from 1000 to 6000 in two places and go to Sketch, Verify/Compile -- your blinking LED should now start to blink, but very slowly ON (count to six or seven) OFF (same count). This verifies that you UNO is functioning and that changing the SKETCH (program) changes the behavior. Congratulations!

Your adjusted sketch should look like this:

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board void setup() { // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output. pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT); }

// the loop function runs over and over again forever void loop() { digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level) delay(6000); // wait for a second digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW); // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW delay(6000); // wait for a second }

KipHansen: ... ...

How the heck did you manage to find a thread that's over 6 years old.