Arduino Brain Library has blank output from serial monitor

Here is a link

You can actually see above comments here where OldSteve uses one so I know it is possible. I just am not sure how the setup works.

Mecatronicsstudent:
Hey,

I know it has been a while but I finally got my mindflex up and working properly. I simply wired up the ground and power wires directly from the battery. I also acquired an apc220 like you have been using. I am wondering if you could share your setup for connecting the module to the headset and the other one to the arduino? Do I have to use a special code for the arduino or would the main brain library code below work?

#include <Brain.h>

// Set up the brain parser, pass it the hardware serial object you want to listen on.
Brain brain(Serial);

void setup(){

Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop(){
  if (brain.update()) {
        Serial.println(brain.readErrors());
        Serial.println(brain.readCSV());

}

}

Thanks

You don’t need to use any special code. The “Brain” library code is fine.
The APC220 RF modules behave transparently, just like a wired serial connection. Just configure them appropriately, with the same frequency and RF baud rate. Set the power level to maximum.

Alright. So if I am understanding the setup correctly, it is wired as follows:

Mindflex power to vcc on apc220, ground to apc220 ground and t to rx on apc220. On the arduino side, it is apc220 ground to arduino ground, apc220 vcc to 5v and apc220 rx to arduino rx? Then all I need to do is upload the brain code to the arduino and turn on the headset? Thanks for all your help

Mecatronicsstudent: Alright. So if I am understanding the setup correctly, it is wired as follows:

Mindflex power to vcc on apc220, ground to apc220 ground and t to rx on apc220. On the arduino side, it is apc220 ground to arduino ground, apc220 vcc to 5v and apc220 rx to arduino rx? Then all I need to do is upload the brain code to the arduino and turn on the headset? Thanks for all your help

Almost right, but on the receiving (Arduino) end you need to connect the APC220 TX to the Arduino RX. (Not RX to RX as you said.)

Of course, you also need to use the configuration utility software to set up the APC220 modules, but I'm sure you're already aware of that.

It is finally connected. I can't thank you enough for all of your help.