Arduino BT to Arduino BT connection

I am currently working to establish a Bluetooth network between two Arduino BTs and one computer! The normal Arduino BT connection to an USB dongle is no problem!

The problem I have is: Is it possible to establish a connection between two Arduino BT boards and to exchange data directly (without a computer)? I tried it with the serial class but i wasn't able to solve this problem! :-/ And if so how can I realise this?

thanks for your help stephan

hi

yes it is possible, but no one has done it and published the results... let us know when you get it working! The answers are all in the BlueGiga iWrap manual at this link: http://www.bluegiga.com/default.asp?file=210

Have a look in particular at page 139.

If I were to do this, I'd try the following steps:

1. get two Arduino NG's talking back and forth at 115200 over their serial ports, each with a switch and LED, so that the ArduinoA switch activates ArduinoB LED and vice-versa;

2. then configure the BT modules to talk to each other (this is the hard part)

3. integrate the code from #1

4. Make a wiki in the Playground to show us all how you did it :)

One of the designers of the module, Massimo, might have better suggestions!

D

PS: in the process of making them talk, you'll have to configure the BlueGiga module differently than it is configured now. This means it is highly likely that you'll lose the current configuration, and you won't be able to program it over the BT connection! In this case you will need to have an AVRISP MKII programmer or similar, to program the Atmega168, which in turn will configure the BlueGiga module when it boots up. Easy huh?

@daniel

1. get two Arduino NG’s talking back and forth at 115200 over their serial ports, each with a switch and LED, so that the ArduinoA switch activates ArduinoB LED and vice-versa;

do you mean a serial connection with the rx and tx pins?

@all

and the problem with the bluegiga reconfiguration:
i had a short view in the manuel and i think it could be posible to configurate them as master devices (you allways/can set the bluetooth configuration in the setup function befor you upload the code)
but i don’t know if i shoud do this (master configuration) because of possible connection problems after this reconfiguration.

i wrote to massimo but till now i didn’t get an answer! (i read about his bluetooth workshop in amsterdam > does anyone have some information if they made a Arduino bt <> arduino bt connection)

and my last question is it possible to upload source code to the arduino bt board with the rx and tx and one empty arduino ng board? (this is possible with the arduino mini - i know)

thanks