Arduino BT upload and connect problems

Hello everybody,

I've been given a brand new Arduino bluetooth board for a school assignment. However I have big problems uploading code to the microcontroller over a bluetooth link.

First I was able to upload the Atmega 328p blinking led sketch. This was only possible by holding the reset button and releasing it just after the sketch was built AND before it was uploaded to the microcrontroller. So then I uploaded a quite big program on it, which uses a c++ library for controlling a GDM1602k display.

After that I was unable to upload any new programs. It always gives me this error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

It seems like the size of the program requires more upload time, and the time the microcontroller pauses isn't enough. Even putting a small program on it doesn't work anymore.

I've tried fooling around with the speed in boards.txt file to set it to higher baud setting. Nothing seems to work.

Now recently I've got a new problem: Pairing with the ArduinoBT is not possible anymore, UNLESS i press reset. Then when I want to connect I have to press again the reset button. It stays connect if I keep the reset button pressed. However releasing it causes the connection to fail.

I thought I'd wrecked my bluetooth dongle, so I bought a new one. However both act the same. Apparently something the cpu is running is interfering the bluetooth module and prevents it from working correctly. It can't even discover any services like the usb to serial service the bluetooth used to provide.

I'm kind of lost what to do from here.

Anyone one able to help?

Kind regards, Bluesplayer

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am trying to upload the basic blink program to a new, OEM built, Bluetooth-ATMega328 using the standard Arduino IDE on Windows XP SP2, running on Toshiba laptop with built-in Bluetooth. My laptop's Bluetooth Connection Manager can set-up valid connection on a virtual com port and I have selected and checked the correct board type and COM port. However, I cannot get any of the basic sketches to upload. I have tried various combinations of reset button before and after upload but the result is always the "stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" which according to these blogs is a basic communications failure. Does anyone know how to solve this? Do I need to install the FTDI drivers, even though I have virtual com port support with my Toshiba Bluetooth Stack?