Arduino+camera interface

Hello,

Is there any Arduino that is capable of interfacing with camera in order to take snapshots and send them over WIFI to an aggregator? Has anyone experience to help me? Around 640x480 resolution and more (if it can be) would be great.

Thank you...

This depends on a couple fo questions:

What is the interface of the camera? SPI ?
What does the MCU need to do? e.g. just copy a byte buffer ?
How fast does the system need to send the image. e.g. 1 image per second

For example

640 x 480 -> 307k Pixel
3 byte per Pixel -> 921 kByte
1 image per second -> 10 MBits/s

Thats is doable with a decend processor if the interface is not hard to manage. Also if you can make use of DMA that will free the processor for copying data around.

alex5678:
Is there any Arduino that is capable of interfacing with camera in order to take snapshots and send them over WIFI to an aggregator? Has anyone experience to help me? Around 640x480 resolution and more (if it can be) would be great.

Arduinos do not have enough speed or memory to process photographs. If you want to use the Arduino IDE for programmin then maybe an ESP32-CAM would be suitable. It only costs about £8 and has WiFi.

Otherwise consider a RaspberryPi.

There is a thing called (I believe) a PixyCam that does work with an Uno (I think) but it has only a few pixels of resolution.

...R

Robin2:
There is a thing called (I believe) a PixyCam that does work with an Uno (I think) but it has only a few pixels of resolution.

…R

Pixy has (a lot) more than “a few pixels”, and has considerably more processing power than a typical AVR, but is not really an image capture device, more of a dedicated image processing device.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
Pixy has (a lot) more than "a few pixels", and has considerably more processing power than a typical AVR, but is not really an image capture device, more of a dedicated image processing device.

Thanks for the clarification.

...R