Arduino + CAN bus shield RX and TX issues

Hello there,

I am working on a project where I need to send and receive messages through a CAN interface. I have:
CAN analyzer: Vector CANAlyzer
CAN interface: VN1610 (from vector)
CAN bus shield: seeed CAN-BUS Shield v1.2
Board: Arduino Mega 2560

I have tried the original Library developed by seeed for this bus shield but i currently focus on the coreyjfowler library more because it's easier to understand.

If I leave the CS pin set to 10 by default, "Error Initializing MCP2515..." occurs but messages are successfully sent to CANAlyzer

After setting the CS pin to 9 where it should be, Messages time out when trying to be sent, but the MCP2515 successfully initializes.

Even more so, the CAN bus cannot properly receive messages through interrupts or polling in both Library example sketches I have used.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Check the solder bridges on the back of the shield. Are they set correctly? It looks like the shield starts out with pin 9 as CS but it's easy to change. If you're getting some response on pin 10 then something must be wired differently to how you think.

londonm241:
If I leave the CS pin set to 10 by default, "Error Initializing MCP2515..." occurs but messages are successfully sent to CANAlyzer

After setting the CS pin to 9 where it should be, Messages time out when trying to be sent, but the MCP2515 successfully initializes.

This is pretty bizarre. I would check for soldering errors like MorganS mentioned.

Thank you both for your help.
I've done a lot of troubleshooting myself, along with people who know more about CAN than me. We've come to the conclusion the board was faulty after finding CAN high and CAN low did not work together properly in unison (either 1 worked at a time, never at the same time). I borrowed a sparkfun can bus shield from a friend, and I was able to send and receive CAN standard frame messages without any conflict! I will definitely order a few of those now!