arduino.cc connected to macosx errors out with permission error

Hi,
I just received arduino (Intel) board. I connected to my macbook, selected board and port. I verified that it’s connected to device tty.usbmodem1411. This entry goes away when the board is disconnected from the computer but shows up when connected.
So my problem is, that when I try to upload example program, it says following,

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/tty.usbmodem1411 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/86/t03vqvdn7p7flk5cjnzvbb0w0000gs/T/build4340750435347685329.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex:i
chmod: Unable to change file mode on /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude_bin: Operation not permitted
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude: line 6: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude_bin: Permission denied
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude: line 6: exec: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude_bin: cannot execute: Undefined error: 0

How do I fix this error? Do I need to be ‘superuser’ in order to use this device?

Nevermind. Figured it out. The permission mode on the executable was not set properly.