Arduino Cheap Clone & Motor Shield Problem

Hi, this is my first post, I hope somebody can help. I purchased an Arduino clone board (cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270482081847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT from eBay. I’ve since realised that this board isn’t pin compatible with other Arduino’s and the motor shield I’ve also purchased cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140363331048&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT doesn’t fit on top.

Can somebody tell me if there is anyway I can still use these two together. This is an ATMEGA 8 board and all sketches I can find for PWM are for the ATMEGA16. I’m a complete n00b to Arduino! :smiley:

I am planning on getting an Arduino MEGA asap but for the moment I just want to get started learning with what I’ve got. Your help is much appreciated!!

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like a regular atmega8 on there, I would guess that you could just use the analog pins. On that ebay page they claim to sell compatible shields for it as well, you might think about buying a few blank shields to make it easier to develop for it. Or just buy regular arduino's!

You should be able to do the "bend the pins a bit" hack in reverse, shouldn't you (on the shields you want to connect to the board.)