Arduino + Christmas project I need suggestions

I want to make an animated manger scene, but I have lack of imagination, the ideas that I have had so far, are boring

For example I was thinking on making something like a conveyor belt, to create the illusion that some figures are walking. But I think this is boring because it would be just walking in circles, and I want some very easy to setup.

I want to make some cardboard figures, and make them move with servos, this is very simple, because the cardboard, would be just to print something on my printer, then paste it with glue and then cut it with the scissors, and the servos don't need any extra chip

But I don't know what to make, so please tell me suggestions, the only idea that I have is, making a sheep with articulated head, and make it eat the grass, but there has to be a better idea!!!

Here in Venezuela, the main Christmas decoration are the manger scenes, in fact here the presents aren't brought by Santa Claus, the Jesus child is the one who brings the presents, mostly of homes doesn't even make christmas trees but a manger scene half living room size. Manger scenes, here aren't just the born scene but the whole town, and a lot of sheeps

Thanks!

It may help to know what level of experience you have in programming and electronics.

If you are a noobie stick with flashing a few lights. If an expert go all the way with animatronics.

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
It may help to know what level of experience you have in programming and electronics.

If you are a noobie stick with flashing a few lights. If an expert go all the way with animatronics.

Weedpharma

Thanks for your reply, My level of knowledge is like medium/advanced, but I want something very simple and very easy to setup, so I won’t go with animatronics.

I like the idea with the cardboard because is easy and fast to setup, I just want better ideas.

Maybe highlight mum and dad and the wise men according to where the viewer stands. Detect with sonar and switch the spotlights accordingly.

Weedpharma