Arduino Code Beginner Here!

Hello guys! Do you have any idea on how to code with AVR? I have the Arduino code and our teacher wants us to code using C or C++ using Atmel Studio.

Ask your teacher for tutorial materials, or check out this link: http://www.atmel.com/microsite/atmel-studio/

ScreamKing: Hello guys! Do you have any idea on how to code with AVR? I have the Arduino code and our teacher wants us to code using C or C++ using Atmel Studio.

Are you specifically forbidden to use the Arduino IDE?

Or perhaps your teacher is just not aware of how it makes things much easier for beginners?

...R

I'd put money on the second choice Robin.

Robin2: Are you specifically forbidden to use the Arduino IDE?

Or perhaps your teacher is just not aware of how it makes things much easier for beginners?

...R

Yep we were forbidden to use arduino. Coz our teacher says there are lot of codes in the internet, so we should use Atmel. Zzzz

ScreamKing: Yep we were forbidden to use arduino. Coz our teacher says there are lot of codes in the internet, so we should use Atmel. Zzzz

That makes no sense whatsoever. "Lots of codes in the internet?" If that is a direct quote maybe it's time to find another teacher. Most code on the internet has been written with the Arduino software in mind.

Both Atmel Studio and Arduino are Integrated Development Environments. They do the same thing, but Atmel Studio has more tools in the package than does Arduino. But the basic function is to turn C and C++ source code into object code that can be run on Atmel chips. Both IDEs use the Gnu C/C++ compiler, and this is why they are both free.

I suspect your teacher just wants you to experience compiling using two different tools. So yeah, go ahead - download, learn and use Atmel Studio. That will be a good learning experience.

Good luc ... zzzzz

ScreamKing: Yep we were forbidden to use arduino. Coz our teacher says there are lot of codes in the internet, so we should use Atmel. Zzzz

LOL

I reckon what your teacher really wants is for your NOT to get someone on the Arduino Forum to do your homework for you.

But teachers always underestimate how clever their students are when it comes to avoiding work :)

...R