Arduino code for pin i/o over BLE

Hi. Looks like just what I need. I have purchased your app. Is there documentation on how to operate?

Thanks,

Craig

Indeed it is a Bluefruit nRF52 Feather. I know of the Adafruit apps but so far have been unable to separate out the pin I/O code. I would think there is a reduced instruction set to use for individual pins.

For the app its self see pfodAppForAndroidGettingStarted.pdf
For the Bluefruit nRF52 Feather see this example
For using the pfodDesigner see these tutorials
The main page has a lot of other links
One of the users has produced a number of videos of his approach to using the app.
Once you are comfortable with the basic generated code, you can create your own graphical interfaces, but it takes a bit (a lot) of coding so start with the pfod Designer menus.

This tutorial introduces you to 'custom' controls you can add to build your own custome graphical display with 'real time' interactive controls

One of the nice features of the system is that ALL the code is in your Arduino. No Android programming required. The app is just a display/interface responding to the Arduinos commands (like a web browser running a micro html)

Another nice feature is that when you build your own graphics you can specify add immediate touch feedback that updates the display as the user touches it.
This is the display the user sees as they slide their finger. The 29% changes as they move their finger.

When they release at the position they want the command is sent to the Arduino and the Arduino responds with the updated slider position.

All of this interactive code is specified in the Arduino sketch. No Android programming required

The slider was coded (in the Arduino sketch) so that the user's finger would not cover the bar and current position indicator as the they moved their finger.
Building these interfaces requires you to learn the pfod language, but for simpler menus/sub-menus, with buttons, sliders, charts, etc, the pfodDesigner does it all for you.

Thanks so much. Your app looks exactly what I need. I’ll study it’s operation and apply the generated code. Best regards. Craig H.

You can contact me via pfod.com.au 'support' email if you need help.
p.s. the pfodDemo does not do anything useful. It just lets you see how the pfodApp screens will appear and respond on your Android mobile

Thanks for your offer. Looks well document so all should be well.

One question, I've deleted all menus but Menu 1 keeps appearing on Android phone. How can remove it? Thanks

You are in pfodDesigner, yes?
In that case the opening screen has an option "Delete empty Menu"
Which will show you all the empty menus you can delete.
If the menu you want to delete is not shown, it is because it is not empty. It has one or more menu items, ignoring any Prompt text.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.