Arduino Code on LaunchPad

I have read that the Arduino is much easier to code than the TI LaunchPad, which I have just bought, and that it is possible to load Arduino sketches onto the LaunchPad using Energia.

Now for the stupid question: do I need an actual Arduino to achieve this or can I do it by just downloading the Arduino software to my laptop, doing the coding on the laptop and uploading it to the LaunchPad?

Regards,

James.

catceefer:
Now for the stupid question: do I need an actual Arduino to achieve this or can I do it by just downloading the Arduino software to my laptop, doing the coding on the laptop and uploading it to the LaunchPad?

No, to compile Arduino incompatible controllers you neither need an Arduino board nor you need the Arduino software.

As you write, you will most likely need the Energia software. Perhaps you better read the Energia getting started guide.

BTW: For questions about TI LaunchPad hardware and the Energia software you are in a completely wrong forum. This forum is related to Arduino compatible hardware only, mostly based on 8-bit Atmega controllers and the 32-bit SAM3X (Arduino DUE) controller.

Thank you. I shall read the Energia guide.

Regards,

James.