Arduino codings

Arduinio coding to be as follows for a billboard project"

1. I have a DC Gear motor with 12V. Arduino to be 12V as well( A relay can be used)

2. Billboard will start to operate from 6am to 10 pm.

3. A laser receiver sensor (5V) will be used which will stop the motor for 5 seconds.

4. There are 5 advertising ads and each of them consist of a small hole at the top corner. When the ad will rotate, the laser will pass through the hole, then to the receiver to stop the motor for 5 seconds.

5. Clockwise motion:
    First ad is already displayed on the screen and waits for 5 seconds. Then it rotate until 2nd ad is displayed and waits for 5 seconds. Same for the 3rd and 4th ad till the 5th appears on the display

6. Anticlockwise motion.
    The 5th add now rotates and wait for 5 seconds. Same goes for the 4th, 3rd, 2nd an2 1st add. In between waiting for 5 seconds.

7. A potentiometer need to be used to control the speed of the motor.

8. will have a lighting system that will be actived at 6pm till 10pm.

And . . . . . . . . .

No need to be Rude Larry

Rude, look in a mirror.

Don’t you think you should be asking for something ?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled “How to use this Forum”.

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

So you need fwd and rev.

Tom… :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

There’s a lot of info missing, and you may be in the wrong section of the forum… try Gigs and Collaborations.

A good start would include a better mechanical description/drawing…. why you’re using a laser… and any code you’ve started on.

Hey y’all
I’m new in this forum and not so sure how it works

I actually required help regarding Arduino coding for my project… grateful if anyone can guide me in the correct forum. Thanks :slight_smile:

The way things work is you come to us to explain those things you don’t understand .

You write the sketch, when you run into trouble ask for help.

As you guessed by now, just throwing a bunch of criteria down and hoping someone does your work does not cut it.

BTW, what hardware and software experience do you have ?

What have you done with the Arduino so far ?

Sis @redha0204
you better have a motor driver instead of relay (using motor driver you can directly control the speed and direction of the motor using your wanted delay timing ) ,so you will be able to neglect the potentiometer as well (required if you are gonna manually control the the speed of the motor ) ,the sensor signal itself now drive the motor ,using the motor driver .
What do you say , i am too a newcomer to forum but i could be helpful to you as i have did something familiar to what you said
With best regard
Lucky

“ familiar” i.e. similar

Freudian slip ?

Hello everyone,

( Note : I am new in this forum)

I require help with Arduino Coding for my billboard project. I am currently designing a billboard and for the ads to display on the screen, I am implementing an Arduino system with my DC gear Motor. The billboard will start to operate from 6a.m to 10Pm everyday.

Note that my DC gear motor is 12Volt. A laser receiver sensor of 5V will be used to stop the motor for 5 seconds.

There will be 5 advertising ads and each of them consist of a small hole at the top corner. When the ad will rotate, the laser will pass through the hole, then to the receiver to stop the motor for 5 seconds.

Clockwise motion:
First ad is already displayed on the screen and waits for 5 seconds. Then it rotate until 2nd ad is displayed and waits for 5 seconds. Same for the 3rd and 4th ad till the 5th appears on the display

Anticlockwise motion.
The 5th add now rotates and wait for 5 seconds. Same goes for the 4th, 3rd, 2nd an2 1st add. In between waiting for 5 seconds.

A potentiometer need to be used to control the speed of the motor.

Grateful if anyone could guide me regarding the coding. Thanks

Hello
Of course we can help.
Show your sketch so we can see how we can help you.
Please format the sketch in the IDE with CTRL T and then upload the sketch here in code tags </>.

I’ve merged your cross-posts @redha0204 .

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the "How to get the best out of this forum" guide. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Thank you Sis @LarryD
I will surely make a correction of my text
Thanking you for your suggestion
Lucky

Hello

What sketch? I do not have any sketch as it’s all paper work.

Ok
My standard recipe:
As a basis, study the IPO model and then take a bag of data structures, timers and a small finite state machine and stir everything together to the desired functionality. And don’t forget the seasoning.

Hi justin,

Okay well noted, is it possible if you do the coding and schema connection for me?

Hi,

• Is this a college/university project?
  • Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?
  • Have you programmed at all, if so, have you programmed an Arduino?
  • If you want to get someone to do it for you, the forum has a “Gigs and Collaborations” section where you can ask.
  • This part of the forum, Project Guidance, is to help people with their code and hardware , the condition being that they have attempted to learn the code and have a start with hardware selection.

Have you made a list of all your Inputs and Outputs.
Specs on your motor?

Why a laser rather than an inductive sensor.

Many years ago, over 20years, I was involved in a similar project.
The billboard had to have an extra sensor that indicated when the STOP point was about to appear, this slowed the motor to prevent over shoot from the motor being asked to suddenly stop.
Also it had a slow acceleration, to preserve the physical integrity of the mechanical assembly.

Tom…,. :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Such a question would be better asked in the Gigs and Collaborations section of the forum but be prepared to pay for it unless you can pique someone’s interest enough to do it for free

Would you like this topic moved to Gigs and Collaborations ?

What about this forum? What’s the difference??

Sorry , I’m still learning how this work :slight_smile: