Arduino Communication using the RFD21815 Inventors shield.

Hi everyone,

I just want to start and say that I am beginner to arduino. The RFD21815 Shield says that it is "plug and play", but not for me.

This shield claims that it is able to easily transmit data wireless, which is exactly what I need.
My goal is to be able to have this arduino Uno on a close-by drone, and send the data it gets from the various sensors i have attached to either another arduino I have hooked up to a computer, or send the data directly to the computer using a usb dongle (I dont know what kind, or how to use them).

I really have no idea how to do either option, and I would really appreciate any input you all have.

Thanks so much

jmacris02:
Hi everyone,

I just want to start and say that I am beginner to arduino. The RFD21815 Shield says that it is "plug and play", but not for me.

This shield claims that it is able to easily transmit data wireless, which is exactly what I need.
My goal is to be able to have this arduino Uno on a close-by drone, and send the data it gets from the various sensors i have attached to either another arduino I have hooked up to a computer, or send the data directly to the computer using a usb dongle (I dont know what kind, or how to use them).

I really have no idea how to do either option, and I would really appreciate any input you all have.

Thanks so much

Do you have a specific problem or specific question???

What is exactly going wrong with your module. Also, post your code.

So I’m just trying to find out how to actually use this shield, to connect my arduino. I have no idea how to do such a thing. For example…can I just ude one arduino, and shield, and connect it via usb dongle to my computer? I dont know how I would go about this.

Ill attach my code below…

Arduino_Code.ino (4.81 KB)

jmacris02:
For example...can I just ude one arduino, and shield, and connect it via usb dongle to my computer?

Yes...but why use a dongle? Why not just use a USB cable (like one you use to upload code)?

Your code looks good. Have you tried wiring it up and testing it out?