Arduino communication with PC

Im wanting to make a robot that can wirelessly connect to a pc and send and receive data from it. Basically i want the pc to run the robots more complex code and the arduino handle more simplistic tasks. Is this possible the robot would take in the sensor data which the arduino relays to the computer the computer decides the action and send the command to the arduino which the robot then performs.

Can it be done? If so please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Can it be done? If so please point me in the right direction.

Search this and the old forum for key words like robot and sensor for days of previous post on the subject.

I'd look at xbee and wifi.

Ok now if this works can you save sensor data to the PC for later use?

Kylepowers: Ok now if this works can you save sensor data to the PC for later use?

Yes. Easiest way is to use Hyperterminal and set it to save to a file.

Ok thanks. now im wondering what would be my best options for what im doing sence im new to arduino. Hear is what I would like to do.

I want to be able to control 2 motors up to 12 servos. Also wireless comunication to save sensor data and use it later. Also what kind of software to send and recive the infromation. The recieved data must be able to be named by voice instructions to the robot. Most of the higher functions will be stored on the pc while the basic stuff will be on the arduino itself.

My goal hear is to build a bipedal robot with the ability to look at its enviroment and make descsions about to do. Also be able to learn about its enviroment. Mainly objects around it and be able to recall the image.

Thank you

Any suggestions please?

Any specifications, please?

What do you mean by specifications?

My goal hear is to build a bipedal robot with the ability to look at its enviroment and make descsions about to do. Also be able to learn about its enviroment. Mainly objects around it and be able to recall the image.

Scientist and engineers have been working on this for decades. You probably need to start with some simple test setups for each part of your project and get them worked out. I suggest you start with a small bot that runs in a maze to get a feel for the issues that have to be solved.

If I decide to start with small robot what arduino do you suggest?

What do you mean by specifications?

You know, like, specifications. Update rates, data rates, numbers and types of sensors. The usual sort of stuff.

Update and data rates need to be as fast as possable. I want one ultrasonic sensor. One vision cam sensor also a couple touch sensors. Looking at pedometers and a gyro possably. With two dc motors and 10 servos. Looking for wireless communication with a pc for instructions to be sent from the pc. Thats why I need the fastest data transfer rate for the communication.

Im also looking for a voice recenition software that works with the arduino but this is not a nessecity.

If you need more information let me know thanks.

One vision cam sensor

Oh dear. I don't quite know how to break this to you.

Update and data rates need to be as fast as possable

Always good to have a nice precise definition.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,51483.msg378038.html#msg378038 Cross-posting wastes peoples' time. Don't do it.