Arduino compatible dual ATmega / Xmega board; Arduino DUE's little brother?

Hi! I just found this board on , ATxmega128a3u powered arduinos combined with an atmega328p. It have two DAC's, like the DUE, and run at 32MHz. it runs at 3.3v but combined with the 328p it looks like a great team! can't these two AVRs communicate via I2C or SPI, so the xmega handles the calculations, while the 328p stands for the output? I just ordered a board from ebay for 25$, so i'm excited to test it out! more info about this board can be found at http://obdiiworld.com

What do you guys thing about this board? why haven't the xmega been used before in an arduino?

so there isnt a slightest intrest for this hybrid board? im just curious about this xmega chip!

why haven't the xmega been used before in an arduino?

SAM. A 32 bit processor with all kinds of extra goodies for about the same price.

However, a few years ago there may have been a market for the XMEGA processor in the Arduino world.

why haven't the xmega been used before in an arduino?

Unavailability. And Bugs. And competition from 32bit chips.

MEGA should have been an Xmega chip. :-( In the same memory class, the XMEGAs are somewhat cheaper than the megas, plus they're faster and have the new features. But ... you still can't find an xmega with 256k flash at digikey or mouser.