Arduino compatible ZIF socket, WTF?

Check the heading on this eBay listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZIF-Socket-40-Pin-universal-DIP-IC-Arduino-By-3M-/171230350518?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item27de1fccb6

ZIF Socket - 40 Pin universal DIP IC Arduino By 3M

WTF has a ZIF socket ad got to do with Arduino? Has it got to the point were every piece of electronics development hardware is “Arduino compatible”? How about resistors, they are Arduino compatible, and capacitors, AND gates, the 4067 MUX, heck so are electrons for that matter.

And for beginners, I’ve got a great deal on some Arduino-compatible solder (PM me for a low price).

Can anybody explain a valid reason for the word “Arduino” being in the heading? Or is it just an attempt to pop up in a Google/eBay search for Arduino stuff?

Confused and/or mildly pissed off

Graynomad: Or is it just an attempt to pop up in a Google/eBay search for Arduino stuff?

Ding. Ding. Ding. That's the one!

Confused and/or mildly pissed off

Speaking of pissed off... A good chunk of the forum spam has the same purpose: raise the Google rank. As spam eventually takes over the internet, everything in the Universe will have a Google rank of one. I guess they will have to go with a wide horizontal scroll so everything will be "listed" at the #1 spot.

Coming to an energy provider near you soon. "Arduino compatible electricity"

How about: "This C++ code is Arduino-compatible."

40 pin is compatible with 1284's 8)

I'm waiting for an Arduino food products... some chips and sauce to go...

Maybe we should stop giving those Ebay vendors too many ideas. They will be right onto these suggestions 8)

cjdelphi: I'm waiting for an Arduino food products...

Waiting?

https://www.google.com/search?q=arduino+cake

Wait, I have it ...

• Battery - Arduino compatible
  • USB cable - Arduino compatible

mmmm, have I been missing out on all the action again ?

girlfriend, wanted, must be Arduino plug and play compatible :*

Paul

rockwallaby: girlfriend, wanted, must be Arduino plug and play compatible

Sounds like my kind of gal :D

rockwallaby: girlfriend, wanted, must be Arduino plug and play compatible :*

I don't want to know. :blush:

rockwallaby: mmmm, have I been missing out on all the action again ?

Paul

UNO or MEGA ?

or the one with one ARM ...

rockwallaby: mmmm, have I been missing out on all the action again ?

Paul

does it matter if she's 8bit or 32bit ?

Doesn't matter 1 bit to me.

Rob

all that matters is having the appropriate header pins.

You clever bunch you. I guess a bit every now and then would be great, as long as she doesn't byte during setup() or we'll be having a words in the main loop()

Paul

So many people running down the Arduino platform. Why are you guys even on the forum? This platform, and this forum, should be a place to share ideas, and not a place to strut your differences.

Arduino, yes, is a carrier for a microcontroller, but what better way to introduce them than a platform that's easy to use, and easy to duplicate! Remember, it's ALL open source.

I have no qualms with an advertisement stating a ZIF socket is Arduino compatible. That just means it has 28 pins, and is in thin line package (to match pins on the uno socket).

So the programming language is a ripoff from C++? So what!

We all need to be a bit humbled and take Arduino for what it is. A platform for learning. There's always room for learning, and I think those blokes in Italy did a DAMN good job of supplying a medium to promote that.

Uh, @wbegg, we’re (mostly#) making fun of companies that use the word “Arduino” to sell their, sometimes very unrelated, products.

Why do you believe we’re running down the Arduino platform?

# Latter posts are pulling this thread into Monty Python / farce territory.

Sorry,

maybe I spoke too soon. I had some bad vibes from a poster (to remain unnamed) that kinda kicked my jiggle a bit.

In retrospect, I do have an arduino compatible soldering iron!