Arduino, conductive paint and if statement loop.

Ok so my layout consist of conductive paint hooked with a paperclip thats treated at a button when the paint is click. The code listed below "shows a solid state "off" treating it as if when nothing is touched with the conductive paint , it immitates a button off. My issue that I seem I cannot get passed if when I press down on the paint and my log screen shows "on" , I need a certain mp3 file to play and stop the loop for a certain time so the loop doesnt keep turning the song back on which is contantly making clicks as the loop keeps continuting.

Can someone direct me so when the paint is pressed down and immitates a button press to play a music to stop the loop so it it will allow the song to play then once the loop is done continue back to the loop.

Pretty much my goal is to have the conductive paint play a song when the paint is touched, and when the paint is touched again to pause it. Is a if else loop what im looking for because I want the person tocuh the paint again to play the song again, so on and so forth. In the log it is constant displaying off until the paint is touched than shows "on" which I then want the song to play. Do I end the loop when "on" shows or should I go about this another way? Heres the code:

#include "SD.h"
#define SD_ChipSelectPin 4
#include "TMRpcm.h"
#include "SPI.h"

TMRpcm tmrpcm;
const int buttonPin = 2; // the number of the pushbutton pin

// variables will change:
int buttonState = 0;   
int val = 0;

void setup() {
pinMode(buttonPin, INPUT);
tmrpcm.speakerPin = 9;
Serial.begin(9600);
if (!SD.begin(SD_ChipSelectPin)) {
Serial.println("SD fail");
return;
}
}
////////////////// WORKING CODE

void loop() {
  // read the state of the pushbutton value:
  buttonState = digitalRead(buttonPin);

// check if the pushbutton is pressed. If it is, the buttonState is HIGH:
  if (buttonState == HIGH) {
    // turn LED on:
    val++;
    Serial.println("button on");
    Serial.println(val);
    //tmrpcm.setVolume(5);
    //tmrpcm.play ("3.wavvvvv");
  } 
    if (buttonState == LOW) {
    // turn LED on:
    Serial.println("button OFF");
    //tmrpcm.stopPlayback ();
}
}

In your Arduino examples folder, you will find one called "StateChangeDetection". Open that up and get it working with your button.