Arduino Connection + spalsh page

Hi

i have this project and wanted to know the best way around it.

i want a way in which a smart device could connect to an arduino (any connection which is the best). once the device is connected to the arduino, it will then bring up a splash page which is a website. if anyone can help me with this it would be great

Thank you

Your description of your requirement is not very clear.

What do you mean by a "smart device" - is that a PC?

Do you expect the Arduino to generate the splash page or will that be done by the PC it is connected to?

...R

Sorry about that when i meant a smart device, i meant like a smart phone android or apple.

so once connected to the phone or tablet device. it should open up the browser and bring up a webpage on the device.

i cant figure out how to go about this

vj01:
so once connected to the phone or tablet device. it should open up the browser and bring up a webpage on the device.

i cant figure out how to go about this

You can't make an Arduino program that causes anything to happen on a PC or smartphone. You need to have a program running on the PC or phone and listening for a message from the Arduino. The PC program can then get the PC to do stuff.

...R

Robin2:
You can't make an Arduino program that causes anything to happen on a PC or smartphone. You need to have a program running on the PC or phone and listening for a message from the Arduino. The PC program can then get the PC to do stuff.

...R

Thanks i kind of guessed that would be the case was just hoping if there was a way around it i didn't think of
i ended up using the raspberry pi to do it

That's not quite completely true.
You could write a simple webserver on the Arduino (more complex pages will need a bigger processor/memory and of course some sort of network shield.

• then any* web browser can connect to your device.

I've done it successfully, and it covers most of the bases you are asking for:
login/password. multiple pages with POST/SUBMIT forms etc.
AJAX style 'live' fields are also quite feasible.

(* there are subtle differences in how various browsers render HTML content. Make sure to test your code with all your targeted browsers!)

lastchancename:
That's not quite completely true.

If you are referring to my comment "You can't make an Arduino program that causes anything to happen on a PC or smartphone" I will stick to my assertion.

Your reference to "any* web browser" is the sort of thing I meant when I said "You need to have a program running on the PC or phone"

...R

Arduino CAN show a splash. You can run a webserver on arduino using ethernet shield, it doesnt support .css AFAIK, if you want a complex and beautiful splash then go for the raspberry or the yun.