Arduino Crashes from Boot. Open then closes

Recently i have encountered some problems with uploading code to my arduino board. I first installed the Arduino program on the E: drive (this is the portable harddrive) and it was working fine. To solve my code problem I was told/reccomended to have the program on the E: drive (Computers own harddrive) so i uninstalled it so i could do a clean reinstall. I started the setup program that i still had and the program reinstalled itself, I opened it from C:/Programx86/Arduino and the program did its loading thingy. (Compiling libraries, Configering Boards) and then it closed, I then used the run program and it did the same thing. I proceeded to uninstall the program and reinstalled it. Opened it and it still closed by itself. It only shows the first bit of opening the arduino program. I opened taskmgr to see what was happening when opening the arduino file. An i could see the program open then disappear. What should i do to stop this?

I've seen a few other people report the same problem.

I've only ever seen that symptom if I have an Arduino IDE of one version running, and try to open another version at the same time.

I'd also try using 1.6.5r5 - the more recent versions added some new features that had a lot of bad bugs.

DrAzzy: I've seen a few other people report the same problem.

I've only ever seen that symptom if I have an Arduino IDE of one version running, and try to open another version at the same time.

I'd also try using 1.6.5r5 - the more recent versions added some new features that had a lot of bad bugs.

Would you reccomend me using a more stable version of Arduino? Do you think that that is the cause for the crashing??

Anthropous: Would you reccomend me using a more stable version of Arduino?

1.6.5r5 like I suggested. New enog to work with modern stuff, but free of arduino builder and it's bugs

Anthropous: Do you think that that is the cause for the crashing??

Probably not.

Wait, what old version did you have before? Was it 1.5.x? If so, delete Arduino15 folder in (user folder) /(your username )/appdata/local ( appdata is hidden.)