Arduino Create and Raspi I2c

I’m trying to communicate via I2C on the Raspi, programming it with the Arduino Create Web Editor. I have enabled I2C on the pi, made sure /dev/i2c-1 exists. The pi can see the device (just a simple LCD for now) via the command line on the pi itself.

I’m getting the error “no I2C device available for Wire10”. I’m wired to SDA1/SCL1 (pins 3 and 5). I have previously tested the display and the code on an UNO and it works fine.

Please help! I saw someone had this issue before and simply said “I fixed it” but didn’t provide an explanation.

Thanks! (Code below for reference)

/* I2C LCD with Arduino example code. More info: https://www.makerguides.com */

// Include the libraries:
// LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: https://github.com/johnrickman/LiquidCrystal_I2C
#include <Wire.h> // Library for I2C communication
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h> // Library for LCD

// Wiring: SDA pin is connected to A4 and SCL pin to A5.
// Connect to LCD via I2C, default address 0x27 (A0-A2 not jumpered)
LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd = LiquidCrystal_I2C(0x27, 20, 4); // Change to (0x27,16,2) for 16x2 LCD.

void setup() {
  // Initiate the LCD:
  lcd.init();
  lcd.backlight();
}

void loop() {
  // Print 'Hello World!' on the first line of the LCD:
  lcd.setCursor(0, 0); // Set the cursor on the first column and first row.
  lcd.print("Hello Worlds!"); // Print the string "Hello World!"
  lcd.setCursor(2, 1); //Set the cursor on the third column and the second row (counting starts at 0!).
  lcd.print("LCD tutorial");
}

hi @robotcanuck

That Linux implementation is not complete.
It is an old Intel project which has been kind of discontinued by its maintainer and not everything will work.
A while back I have attempted to do the same thing but there's something in the i2c bus initialisation layer that prevents it from working correctly.

If you search through the forum you might find other users who tried to do the same thing (I don't have any specific links).
I control those displays and other hardware on the Pi via Python or Node JS (Python is my favourite).
I wouldn't set my hopes high on this core/library, as right now nobody is maintaining it