Arduino DDS VFO problem advice needed.

Hi all,
New to the forum here and while not new to electronics I am new to the arduino series of products. I am wanting to put together a DDS VFO for a small transceiver I am building and have found the following schematic from Rich Visokey AD7C. I am wanting to build the VFO with the Nano and also want to use I2C for the LCD. The problem being is that A5 is taken by the MF Frequency switch. A4 and A5 will be needed for the I2C connection so I suppose my question is as follows. Can the MF Frequency switch be reassigned to another input say A1 A2 or A3? I know the sketch would have to be altered but I am just wondering if this is feasable?

Can anyone reccomend any good starter books for Arduino? I dont mind asking questions but usually like to try and work it out for myself.

Thanks everyone and I greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions. Ian K3HQL

ianK3HQL:
Can anyone reccomend any good starter books for Arduino?

Hello,

ianK3HQL:
The problem being is that A5 is taken by the MF Frequency switch. Can the MF Frequency switch be reassigned to another input say A1 A2 or A3?

It appears to be a simple pushbutton. If that is the case then it can be moved to any free pin.

The 1 k series resistor is baffling. Other than making the circuit less reliable it serves no discernible purpose.

Can anyone reccomend any good starter books for Arduino?

In addition to Robert’s Good Book, there are suggestions HERE: