Arduino does not open library

Hey,

I am busy making a gyroscope work (MPU6050). I found a code on the internet whereby you need several libraries. http://coreyrenner.tumblr.com/post/56531743410/the-flashlights-were-dismantled-to-get-to-their After I found this I downloaded the libraries. The problem is that the aduino software does not approve or open the MPU6050 library it just does not turn orange in the code and the other libraries do. I have downloaded the MPU6050 library from several sites but by every one the library stays black in the code. Does anybody know what to do?

There may not be a keyword file included with the library to make the words change color. Not everybody includes one, I very very seldom do.

Does the code compile? That’s the test. The orange words are just there for convenience, you shouldn’t put any stock in whether or not a word turns orange.

Color doesn't usually mean anything. Now, if the words turn red and burst into flames, do NOT upload the code to the Arduino. Goodbye magic smoke, if you do.

It is not just the color, the code does not work(see screenshot).
And what do you mean with keyword? how do I know if it is in a library?

You could have copied and pasted the the error message here to make it easier to read.

The immediate problem is that when you copy/pasted the program from the Web you also copied some of the HTML crap, hence the message about the stray \ in the code. Does the page you copied it from have an option to show raw code so that you can copy a clean version of it ?

There are other problems with the code but as you have not posted all, indeed any, of it there is not much help that can be given.

Is it the same code that's on the website you linked to?

int val;
val = map(ay, -17000, 17000, 0, 179);

I don't know if I'd trust that code much.

There is no special button on the site to copy the code.
And you don’t trust the code, do you know any other site with the code for the mpu6050.
I only have to read the x-axis and y-axis on the gyroscope.
I want to see the angle of a slope.

I don't know of any better code, but the code on that site was written by someone who thinks they can stuff the number 17000 into a 16 bit signed integer. At that point I would be thinking about writing my own code. If they missed something that simple, who knows what other bugs are lurking there.

I did not know that good thing you mention it.
So now i have found another site with an other code.

But again a error but this time the error is in the library somewhere.

Delta_G: , but the code on that site was written by someone who thinks they can stuff the number 17000 into a 16 bit signed integer.

Puzzling statement. Care to comment?

Dammit, I missed a power of 2. My bad.

ikke1:
I did not know that good thing you mention it.
So now i have found another site with an other code.
http://www.circuitmagic.com/arduino/control-dc-motor-cwccw-with-mpu-6050-gyroaccelerometer-arduino/
But again a error but this time the error is in the library somewhere.

ikke1,
please post the code, and please post the error - BOTH PLEASE.
SEE image below for help on posting code. Use markup, please.
Do you know how to copy code - and post code?

Thanks
Jesse

arduino_markup.png