Arduino doesn't accept any code

I was controlling a servomotor with the arduino Uno and suddenly it just doesn't upload any code and it keeps printing this error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" What do you think it's about ? I would appreciate any Help

In the IDE, select File:Preferences, turn on Verbose outputs.
What else is reported?

Binary sketch size: 1,084 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum) C:\Users\user\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\user\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P\.\COM6 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\build9000377068644721314.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep 2 2011 at 19:38:36 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/ Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\user\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : \.\COM6 Using Programmer : arduino Overriding Baud Rate : 115200 avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Recv: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done. Thank you.

It seems the same issue that is discussed in this thread: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=106873.0

(go to the very end, 2nd page, to find the solution)

In the Tutorial it says that that solution cannot work on an arduino Uno which is my case here :~

That error indicates the 328P is not responding. Try this: Press & hold the Arduino reset button. When the IDE shows "Binary sketch size: 1,084 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)" release the reset. Might take a couple tries to get the timing right.

It takes too much time uploading I'm still trying your solution

I tried many times but unfortunately it didn't work Have you got any other possible solutions please?

Hi,

Please try http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=73748.0 "Loop back test" to check your USB connectivity is OK.

I also faced similar problem with UNOBasic (ATMEGA 328-PU)board, after uploading the firmware once, it stopped uploading the new firmware. What might be happening is, the firmware upload starts before the USB comport is recognized and it fails to upload firmware due to non availability of selected USB COM port. So instead of using USB to upload firmware, I used MAX232 converter board, used external 5V DC supply for UNO board and the Tx & Rx pins of converter connected to appropriate pins (Tx, Rx) of Arduino board. Used PC's COM1 port to program the UNO board. USB cable is disconnected and hence USB power. Connect serial cable to your RS232 converter and to your PC's COM1 port. Check the power LED is on by placing the jumper to "Ext" position and power on the board. The previous program should run. Then press RESET button and when uploading message appears release the RESET button. Once you are able to upload new firmware you may wish to try again with USB cable ... It works!!! Hope this helps.