Arduino doesn't display anything

Hello, I have been trying to make a project namely ‘Non-contact tachometer’ which uses Arduino, LCD, and an IR sensor. The code is running fine and I believe I have made the connections alright yet my LCD doesn’t display a thing, I have even connected the 3rd pin of the LCD to a 10kohm potentiometer yet only the backlight of the LCD turns on. I have made the connections as per the image in this link kindly refer https://content.instructables.com/ORIG/FMH/7W5E/IQ8C99Y4/FMH7W5EIQ8C99Y4.jpg?auto=webp&frame=1&width=1024&height=1024&fit=bounds&md=39a88adcc2b6f2607244a9c959373031

Please post the code that you are trying

Does a simple “Hello World” program work ?

Hey there thanks for the quick response, let me share the code with you.

The easier you make it to read and copy the code the more likely it is that you will get help

Please follow the advice given in the link below when posting code , use code tags and post the code here

I am sorry for causing inconvenience kindly cut me some slack as I am new to this forum and also new to electronics. I will follow the guidelines you shared.

Why use an IR sensor? I suggest an optical light sensing sensor.
If You post a wiring diagram You will likely get answers instead of tons of questions.

Hey, thanks a lot for the suggestion

Sorry but that’s not a wiring diagram. It’s a Fritzing painting doing well on the wall. No pin designations on the LCD so impossible to check it.
That can’t work, is stone dead, because there’s no power to the controller.

Can you kindly specify what exactly do I need to provide to seek help?

There is a topic, the first one that tells what helpers ask for. The title is like “How to get the best from this Forum”. Read it!
Way too often helpers spends lots of time to make the questions understandable, containing the basic engineering facts.
It would be better if helpers can give good answers instead of helping members to write the question.

An electronic schematic looks like this:

Nobody is expecting you to produce something like this first time out. Many include a hand drawn schematic and that’s usually good enough for people to see what you’ve got. The important information to include is module/component names, terminal name/designation, interconnections, part numbers (like on an IC), power supply voltages.

One site which shows what the various symbols look like - Electrical Symbols For Schematic Diagrams | EdrawMax