arduino driven rc car :) need help with controlling :P

hey there i am currently working on a rc car that i am going to modify with my arduino :D well basicly im going to make a path for the arduino to drive the rc car and then repeat over and over again, but my problem is that the IC that im going to use to controll the car is kinda complicated... in all tutorials people are using easy IC's with 1 pin for left and right and so on but mines alot more complicated :S

mine has: servo position voltage timing capacitor timing resistor external PNP transistor drive input outpur GND(ground) GND(ground) error pulse output output stretcher input external PNP transistor drive regulated voltage output

it a M51660L IC and here's the schematic for it :P http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/875/MITSUBISHI/M51660L.html

i hope anyone can help me with this as i have no idea on how to controll the car through this supply

but my problem is that the IC that im going to use to controll the car is kinda complicated

If you have no idea how to do it, why on earth did you choose that device?

well i had this rc car from when i was 7-8 or so and now that i am 16 and beginning electronic studies i had this car laying around and why not use it for my project :) it has a pretty good motor and so on :D but thats why i "had" to use that IC, i would have bought a 10$rc car if i could but i live in norway and the cheapest ones u find here are 40$+

so thats basicly why :P hope u can help

Judging by that list of parts I suspect that what you have there actually does the same job as a conventional servo, by comparing two pulsed signals (one from the RC receiver, the other generated from the servo position). In that case, what you want to find is the input that provides its steering control signal, and find what sort of signal it needs. At a guess, the pin named 'input' would be a good place to start. If this is pretending to be an ordinary servo, you might find it's expecting a conventional PWM signal which your Arduino would be able to emulate quite easily.

yea i kinda get what u mean :P and yes its a completely ordinary servo whics controls the wheels, so i just need to use PWM signals on the input ? sorry for crappy english :P

hmm i think im going to experiemnt a bit with this

Hi, While it doesn't cover your IC, you might find some of the RC Content on my blog interesting -

rcarduino.blogspot.com

Duane B

ClonedSwitch: yea i kinda get what u mean :P and yes its a completely ordinary servo whics controls the wheels, so i just need to use PWM signals on the input ? sorry for crappy english :P

hmm i think im going to experiemnt a bit with this

I have no idea. I thought you were interfacing to an integrated circuit. You're saying that what you're interfacing to is actually an ordinary servo? If you can identify power, ground and a PWM input signal then there's no problem.