Arduino DUE and HL1606 Led strip

I have the library from adafruit to drive a Led strip (HL1606) and I need the advanced usage.

The problem is that the library is only for AVR. And I must use the Arduino DUE (sam),

Please guys can someone HELP me, I think, have to change the library using the SPI library.

This will take an expert Arduino coder who is very familiar with the SAM chip, and has a Due and an hl1606 strip to experiment with. It would be hard to find anyone with this skills and hardware, let alone the motivation to spend quite a lot of time and effort making this work. I'm sorry but I just don't think it's going to happen. Life is too short. Get yourself an Uno so you can run the unaltered AdaFruit code, or get yourself a ws2812b strip to replace the one you have.

The Adafruit neopixel library does work with the Due.
But for that chip you just need an SPI interface, from that page

as we said before, the HL1606 is a rather stupid chip, it is just a shift register.

So just bit bang it like like the shift out functions.

Grumpy_Mike:
The Adafruit neopixel library does work with the Due.
But for that chip you just need an SPI interface, from that pageSo just bit bang it like like the shift out functions.

Yes, but I can't find anything that says the neopixel library is compatible with hl1606. Same for Fastled library.

Ah, wait. The Fastled library says

LPD6803, HL1606, and "595"-style shift registers are no longer supported by the library. The older Version 1 of the library ("FastSPI_LED") has support for these, but is missing many of the advanced features of current versions and is no longer being maintained.

That old library can be found here. But it does not look as though it is Due compatible. Sorry.

PaulRB:
Yes, but I can't find anything that says the neopixel library is compatible with hl1606. Same for Fastled library.

No the neopixels were offered as an alternitave.
The HL606 is just a shift register so shift out will work. The dimming is by forcing the shift register to do a PWM, like the shiftPWM library. It is no biggie to do that sort of thing. Especially with the extra speed given to you with the Due.

Hello guys, thanks for the advises, actually I was looking for that " expert Arduino coder" but as you said will be a bit difficult. Unfortunately I cant change any of the hardware part,
I have to spend time on the weekend to solve this. :slight_smile: