Arduino Due Core and USARTClass.h

Hey guys.

I'm continuing work on an autonomous kayak project that used MAKEFILES to load the Arduino Due code onto the kayak. The sponsor of the project has asked that the project be available to work with the Arduino IDE for future groups.

The existing code uses the:

USARTClass.h and USARTClass.cpp libraries that apparently exist with the Arduino Due Core libraries.

Does anyone know where I can download these libraries? I've been in contact with the group of students who worked on the project last year, and the main developer told me that the USARTClass.h files were included when they used the Makefile

The MakeFile seemed to get them from here:

@$(CXX) $(LINKFLAGS) -Wl,-Map,$(OBJECTOUTDIR)/program.cpp.map -o $(OBJECTOUTDIR)/program.cpp.elf -lm -lgcc -mthumb -Wl,--start-group $(OBJECTOUTDIR)/syscalls_sam3.c.o $(OBJECTS) $(SAMDIR)/variants/arduino_due_x/libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a $(OBJECTOUTDIR)/core.a -Wl,--end-group

Which seems to come from the github repository - https://github.com/ffissore/platform-sam/tree/master/variants/arduino_due_x

I've looked around, and it appears that the USARTClass.h comes from the Arduino Due Core libraries as linked above. The setup for using the Arduino Due with a Windows seemed promising, but it doesn't seem to download these libraries when you install the drivers.

I could really use some help with this issue. I'm not giving up on trying to find the solution myself - and I've already done several google searches + searched on the forums for questions regarding this. The old team ha a LOT of previous work. And I don't really have the time to re-write their existing code and just ignore all the work they accomplished last year and make the changes the sponsor has requested of our team.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Mainian

Hello Mainian,

The USARTClass files (.h,.cpp) are part of the Arduino IDE 1.5.X. You can find them in the following path:

...\arduino-1.5.X-windows\arduino-1.5.X\hardware\arduino\sam\cores\arduino

Here also a link related to your topic:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=162959.0

I hope that can be of help. -P

Yes, you're right.

I've been switching between 2-3 computers for last couple of days and on the certain machine I forgot to set the board to the Due.