Arduino Due not working

Hi,

I have a problem with my new Arduino Due. I have not been able to upload any program.
Connecting USB closest to power connector results in power LED (yellow) and L Led (green) on. To be sure I changed the com port to COM9 but no change.
Uploading a program result in two or three flashes of the Rx Led and an error in the status window: "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"
I was able to do a succesful looptest (both Rx and Tx leds flashed on entering characters with the keyboard
I am using a Windows 8.1 64bit laptop.
Trying to install the driver that comes with IDE results in something like "there is no better driver found then the one currently installed"
Processor on the board is ATSAM3X8 so I assume it is a AtMega328
Trying to burn a bootloader resultsd in "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"
Resetting the board at the moment Rx starts flashing did not solve the problem, so I have run out of options.
I also tried the other usb (COM4). Same result except that I did not see the Rx LED flash.
Anyone any idea? I am running out of options and this forum does not give me other clues.

Roelof

same problem with me green led on and yellow (L) led blinking very fast please anyone help me i'm using window xp 32bit (86x)

:blush: :blush:
OK, hardly dare to tell, but I used the wrond version of IDE. Installing the right version being 1.5.6-r2, right away did the trick.
Sorry bothering you all.