Arduino Due Programming Language - Graphics Support

I 've read that arduino due 's programming languages are c/c++. Can i build some graphics (basic interface maybe) with this language?Or should i go for raspberry which supports java? My system will get some ultrasonic sensor and gps readings and will display them with a picoprojector.

Raspberry has HDMI output and can support a graphical user interface with mouse, windows etc. It is a Linux PC, after all. You could program it with the programming language Python. I suggest an introductory book from Simon Monk if you choose to go this way.

Arduino supports graphics, of course, and the Due has the necessary processing power to drive a graphical LCD. But it has no video output so it will be difficult to connect to your pico projector. By comparison, the strength of the Arduino platform is the excellent low-level hardware support and interfaces. So if you plan to connect complex sensors or signal processing, Arduino might be best.

There are other Arduino boards with integrated Linux, such as the Intel Galileo and the not-yet-available Arduino Tre which have HDMI output. They are very powerful but they are two computers in one (Linux PC plus Atmel micro controller), so they are more difficult for beginners.

Raspberry and Arduino are fundamentally different concepts: - Raspberry is a complete, minimalist computer with a Linux operating system, making it complex and powerful. You can connect a mouse, USB keyboard, SD card and USB sticks and have a cute Media Center for playing back video. You can also install lots of software such as Mathematica or games. - Arduino is a micro controller without an operating system. It runs a single app that you program yourself on a separate PC or Mac. It is focused on a single purpose, like an app built in hardware. You could build your own USB keyboard or remote control with an Arduino. Some people build flying robots or flashing LEDs to hang around their neck. Arduino boards can be tiny and run on a button battery. Arduinos are also excellent for mobile usage because of their low power requirements.

So the choice depends on your application. If the ultrasonic sensor and gps signals are simple and you want to work on an impressive video representation, take the Raspberry. If the sensor signals are more complex and you want to create something like a data logger, select Arduino.

Okay!Thanks a lot for the information!

Have a look at this effort:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=164788.0

Due GUI.