Arduino Due with Rust - Looking for a Simple Output Device

Hey Arduino-fellows,
I want to get my feet wet with embedded Rust. I chose the Arduino Due as the platform, because it runs with an ARM-Chip; therefore it is compatible to Rust.

To verify my code results, I'm looking for an option to show some output, e.g. displays, LED Matrices or other options that come to your mind.
However, there are 2 constraints: The option must be compatible to the Arduino Due and it should be as simple as possible. That means it should not require soldering efforts.
The reason is, that it is not the main focus of the project, but a mere means of verification. I will be busy enough getting up and running with Rust on Arduino. :smiley:

Do you have any ideas that could fit the specification? Every idea is highly appreciated.

Depending on how much info you want from the output, the Due has an on-board LED. Can't get simpler than that.

I'd like to display strings between 3 and 8 words, but this is still cool and great to know. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Can't you do the equivalent of Serial.print() and display output on a terminal emulator program on your PC?

...R

Printing the output on the PC is not very interesting. I'd rather go with the builtin LED than printing back to the PC.

dasmeta:
Printing the output on the PC is not very interesting. I'd rather go with the builtin LED than printing back to the PC.

One interesting thing you could use - unlike most boards, the on board LED on the DUE is dimmable by PWM using analogWrite().

Thats a cool feature, might come in useful, too.