Arduino Duemilanove Atmega168 DC motors

Hello! Couldy somebody recommend me some DC motors that I could use wit Arduino Duemilanove Atmega168 and old hard disk casing to make a small car. And how in genral do I know which characteristics motor should have so that I can connect it with Arduino?

You need a motor "driver", that is a board or module that is able to power the motors.
What kind of motor driver and battery did you have in mind ?

I'm just starting with this little project to learn about Arduino and electronics. I have an old hard disk that looks something like this and take the silver cover and put the motors and the Arduino on it. I don't know which motors would be able to move this whole construction and what kind of batterys would I need.

A hard drive is a very special device.
Can you start with something more down to earth ? Do you have a toy car on batteries ?

A pin of an Arduino can turn a led (led + resistor) on and off, but you can not use that to power a motor.

Have a look at the websites of www.sparkfun.com and www.adafruit.com search for motor driver or motor controller.
There are many different kind of motors and many motor drivers. It's a whole world of motors out there.

logitech:
I'm just starting with this little project to learn about Arduino and electronics. I have an old hard disk that looks something like this and take the silver cover and put the motors and the Arduino on it. I don't know which motors would be able to move this whole construction and what kind of batterys would I need.

What does it weigh, how big will the wheels be and how rough the terrain?
How fast do you want it to go?

These are the questions that lead to deciding a motor size and gear ratio.