Arduino Duemilanove + more than 2 servos

Hi guys

I just need some advise from someone.

I am currently trying to add 3 full-rotation 5V servos to my Arduino. 2 works fine, but when the third is connected (never mind the uploaded code) then they all go haywire. Two random ones just start turning.

If you got any help or assistance, please let me know!

What power source are you using? Three servos might be drawing to many mA.

Hi, sorry for not supplying sufficient info.

I am using Arduino Duemilanove, power via USB.

The three servos are these models: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9347

I guess Casey is right with the fact that it draws way to much mA from my board. (All three are connected to the boards' 5V power output)

What can I do about it? I am trying to put together a robotic arm with them. (Planning to add 2 more small servos for claw) Can I simply connect them separately to another USB port's power lines from the PC?

Thanks!

Can I simply connect them separately to another USB port's power lines from the PC?

Power the servos using an appropriate wall-wart. They are cheap and available in a huge variety of voltage and amperage ranges, with various end connectors.

Just remember to connect the servo ground and the Arduino ground.

I am currently trying to add 3 full-rotation 5V servos to my Arduino.

Be aware that continous rotation servos are not typically used in robotic arm applications and may require a different programming approach depending on your design.