Arduino Eclipse plugin under Windows 8.1

Hello,

When I am trying to compile any project under Eclipse with arduino plugin in Windows 8.1, I have the following error:
±----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| arm-none-eabi-g++.exe Application Error
| The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) Click OK to close the application
±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07:22:17 **** Clean-only build of configuration Release for project Test ****
make clean
make: *** No rule to make target `clean’. Stop.

07:22:18 Build Finished (took 1s.219ms)

07:22:19 **** Build of configuration Release for project Test ****
make all
Building file: …/Test.cpp
Starting C++ compile
“C:/Development/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/tools/g++arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -g -Os -w -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Dprintf=iprintf -mcpu=cortex-m3 -DF_CPU=84000000L -DARDUINO=154 -DARDUINO_SAM_DUE -DARDUINO_ARCH -D__SAM3X8E__ -mthumb -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x003e -DUSBCON ‘-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=“Unknown”’ ‘-DUSB_PRODUCT=“Arduino Due”’ “-IC:/Development/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/libsam” “-IC:/Development/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include/” “-IC:/Development/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/” -I"C:\Development\arduino-1.5.4\hardware\arduino\sam\cores\arduino” -I"C:\Development\arduino-1.5.4\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x" -MMD -MP -MF"Test.cpp.d" -MT"Test.cpp.d" -x c++ “…/Test.cpp” -o “Test.cpp.o”
make: *** [Test.cpp.o] Error -1073741502

Can you help me please?
Thanks,
Andrei

I iave the same problem on the AVR path:

16:59:28 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project Test_1 **** make all Building file: ../Test_1.cpp Starting C++ compile "C:/Users/dieter/Documents/Arduino/Arduino/1.5.2/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=152 -I"C:\Users\dieter\Documents\Arduino\Arduino\1.5.2\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Users\dieter\Documents\Arduino\Arduino\1.5.2\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega" -MMD -MP -MF"Test_1.cpp.d" -MT"Test_1.cpp.d" -x c++ "../Test_1.cpp" -o "Test_1.cpp.o" make: *** [Test_1.cpp.o] Error -1073741502

16:59:34 Build Finished (took 5s.596ms)

regards Dieter

Dieter
Thanks for the early warning. I was not aware windows 8.1 was out. Man; I’m still on xp 8)
The plugin uses the makefile delivered (but not used) by arduino. So the first thing to do is create an issue in github for arduino.
As I do not have a windows 8.1 licence I think it is best that you do this.
As the plugin V2 does not have the path settings anymore as in the avr plugin you can not change the path anymore in V2. In V1 you can but than due is not working.

what I would try:
Install the GNU win 32 project as proposed in the avr workaround you mentioned. http://smallshire.org.uk/sufficientlysmall/?p=689&preview=true
Make a copy of the folder <C:\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\tools\avr\utils\bin> (just to be sure if it fails)
copy <C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin> into <C:\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\tools\avr\utils\bin> overwriting al files.
try again.

If I understood the problem correctly this should work.

Another thing you could try
Install the GNU win 32 project
add <C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin> to your path.
delete make.exe in <C:\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\tools\avr\utils\bin>
You need to delete the file make.exe because the plugin adds <C:\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\tools\avr\utils\bin> to the path in front of the existing path to force to use the Arduino delivered code.

Please feed back whether this helped you out or not.
Best regards
Jantje

Hi Jantje,
in the meantime I found the problem. The problem is an old “msys-1.0.dll” in hardware/tools/avr/utils/bin. Even the 1.5.4 version of msys-1.0.dll is an old version.

I installed MSYS from http://www.mingw.org/ and replaced the msys-1.0.dll in the hardware/tools/avr/utils/bin with the downloaded version. After the update of the DLL all worked fine.

The problem occurs only when make is called from eclipse, when make is called from a DOS box all works fine.

Jantje, where have I report the problem, so the Arduino 1.5.5 version contains the new msys-1.0.dll ?

Regards
Dieter