Arduino-electronic voice pitch detector

Hi, I'm doing a project, which is "Electronic Voice Pitch Detector for ADHD Patients".

My device for the detector can detect when there is any sound at the surrounding. And I had set the threshold value for the detection, when the sound value is more than the threshold value, then the buzzer will have sound.

But I having problem in the ringing of the buzzer. When the buzzer already had ring, then the sound sensor will detect the sound of the buzzer, and the buzzer will continue ring. Then I had decided to do the voice recognition for detecting only my own voice.

I wanna ask beside using the voice recognition module in doing the voice recognition, is there any alternative way for doing the voice recognition?

But I having problem in the ringing of the buzzer. When the buzzer already had ring, then the sound sensor will detect the sound of the buzzer, and the buzzer will continue ring.

If there's a short timer on the buzzer you can simply turn-off sound-detection while the buzzer is sounding.

Then I had decided to do the voice recognition for detecting only my own voice.

I wanna ask beside using the voice recognition module in doing the voice recognition, is there any alternative way for doing the voice recognition?

People have made guitar tuners (or at least attempted to) but it's not easy.

Maybe this?