Arduino errors sthat I have faced and have made the whole situation difficult.

OK the first library has been downloaded. I tried to add it but because it has the same name with the previous one I had downloaded it says there is already. Do you know how I can erase the previous library?

Do this:

• File > Examples > DS3231 > DS3231_oscillator_test
  • Sketch > Show sketch folder.

That will open the {sketchbook folder}/libraries/DS3231/examples/DS3231_oscillator_test folder, where {sketchbook folder} is the folder the Arduino IDE uses to store your libraries and sketches. You need to delete the {sketchbook folder}/libraries/DS3231 folder. Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt, back up!

I have just opened the oscillator test at a new coding page. I am using the ide. What do I do and where do I click?

• Click the "Sketch" menu.
  • Click "Show sketch folder". That will open the {sketchbook folder}/libraries/DS3231/examples/DS3231_oscillator_test folder in your file browser software. This will show you where the library is installed.
  • Delete the {sketchbook folder}/libraries/DS3231 folder. Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt, back up!

If I'm right, it says that you Can open it with ctrl+k (just to assure that it's the same). It takes me to a file with two files, saying about the oscillator test, only these two nothing else. Am I right?

Christopher_Togias:
If I’m right, it says that you Can open it with ctrl+k (just to assure that it’s the same).

Yes, that’s the keyboard shortcut for Sketch > Show Sketch Folder.

Christopher_Togias:
It takes me to a file with two files, saying about the oscillator test, only these two nothing else. Am I right?

Correct. Those are the files of the DS3231_oscillator_test example sketch.

This is what the folder structure looks like:

{sketchbook folder}
|_libraries
|_DS3231
|_examples
|DS3231_oscillator_test
|
.DS3231_oscillator_test.pde.swp
|_DS3231_oscillator_test.pde

The folder you need to delete:

{sketchbook folder}
|_libraries
|_DS3231 <----- THIS ONE!

Actually mine has only the two last, test. Pde. Swp
And test. Pde
That's all. What am I doing wrong?

Christopher_Togias:
Actually mine has only the two last, test. Pde. Swp
And test. Pde

Wrong. It has all of them. You just don’t know how to use your file browser program correctly to see the rest of the folder structure.

Christopher_Togias:
What am I doing wrong?

Not taking the time to learn the basics of working with the file system on your computer. Please look up a tutorial on whichever file browser software your operating system provides and study it until you understand how to use the software. This is an essential skill for any computer user, but sadly a skill that many people don’t have these days.

I will take it from the beginning. I am using an app that I have downloaded. Do u mean that I have to use online version or it doesn't matter?

No need to use the online version if you don't want to. Millions of people use the standard Arduino IDE with no problems. But if you prefer the Arduino Web Editor, that will work fine too.

OK, assuming that I'm right and there are not the files you tell me, is there another way to delete it? If not then, you said sth about there are but I cannot find them. Can you guide me on that?

I managed to erase it, I do not know how, and now it I'd not visible where it used to be neither does it say installed when I try to reinstall it. Now I have downloaded the new Ds3231 library that you showed me and i am trying to place the new zip file I downloaded. But when I choose it it shows me another error saying that

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows 10), Πλακέτα:"Arduino Uno"

Βρέθηκε μη έγγυρη βιβλιοθήκη στο C:\Users\christopher togias\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS3231: Δεν βρέθηκαν αρχεία κεφαλίδας (.h) στο C:\Users\christopher togias\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS3231
Η βιβλιοθήκη με το όνομα DS3231 υπάρχει
Βρέθηκε μη έγγυρη βιβλιοθήκη στο C:\Users\christopher togias\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS3231: Δεν βρέθηκαν αρχεία κεφαλίδας (.h) στο C:\Users\christopher togias\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS3231

Αυτή η αναφορά θα παρείχε περισσότερες πληροφορίες με
"Εμφάνιση πλεονάζουσα έξοδος κατά τη σύνταξη"
Επιλογή α

@Christopher_Togias

There may be some issues with translations.

if you would like your post moved please use the "report to moderator" option

What it says is that it cannot locate any file ending in (.h) on order to add a new library. Does anybody knows how I can add a library from a zip file?

Does anybody knows how I can add a library from a zip file?

We have been trying to tell you that all afternoon.

Download the zip file onto the desktop.

Double click it and you will get a folder. If the folder has "-Master" at the end of it, rename it so the "-Master" bit is removed. Then open up the folder where the Arduino stores its files like the "My Software" folder. There you will find a folder called "libraries" open that up and drop the decompressed folder into it.

Then if the Arduino IDE is running quit it and then restart it. The library will now be installed and ready to go.