Arduino Esplora amperes needed

Hi everyone.
I’m trying to power my arduino esplora: I know that it need 5v but how many amperes does it need?
Thanks

(deleted)

Read the data sheets.

spycatcher2K and Railroader both gave you correct answers. There are a bunch of components and devices on an Esplora, so finding and studying the datasheets for each component will be quite an undertaking.

If you can run it from a usb connection (and it has a connector, so I assume you have run it that way), it will draw less than half an ampere, which is the maximum current spec'd for usb. Drew's suggestion to measure it with a meter assumes 1) that you have a meter, and 2) can hook it up in a way that measures the current drawn. Basically you will want to power it through the Vcc pin, to test the current. Use a 5 volt power supply, or 3 'mostly' fresh lithium aa batteries. This will be real close to 5.0 volts.

Set your meter to current mode, and be sure it can take half an amp. Connect the negative terminal of the battery pack to the ground of the Esplora board. Attach the Vcc connection of the Esplora to the ground or 'common' connector of your meter (probably a black wire.) Attach the positive connector (usually a red wire) to the positive connector of the battery.

When you turn the board on, the meter should read the current drawn by the board, and the board will function normally. If the board, meter or other circuitry goes "POP!" and smoke or strange odors occur, something is not hooked up right.

Ehm, what's a meter?

nicolopadovandev:
Ehm, what's a meter?

To some, it is the base unit of length in the International System of Units that is equal to the distance traveled by light in a vacuum in ¹/₂₉₉,₇₉₂,₄₅₈ second. To others, it’s about 39.37 inches.

In the context of the original question, an ammeter is the proper term. A device that can measure current. A 500ma to 1 amp 5 volt supply should be more than sufficient for an Esplora.

Home blind we call it in my country, Sweden. Technical words, especially when written in the "popular language", aren't always clear to foreigners. Nice responce @WattsThat!

Thank you!

WattsThat:
To some, it is the base unit of length in the International System of Units that is equal to the distance traveled by light in a vacuum in ¹/₂₉₉,₇₉₂,₄₅₈ second. To others, it’s about 39.37 inches.

These aren't disjoint groups: only American's write "METER" for the distance. All other places write "METRE".
https://grammarist.com/spelling/meter-metre/