Arduino esplora volts /amperes

I recently bought an Arduino Esplora and searching online I discovered that it doesn't have it's own voltage regulator. How can I power it?
I was thinking about using a phone power bank 5v/3.4A but I don't know if this is going to fire it.
What's the best thing to do?
Thank you :slight_smile:

That would work fine. Just because your power bank can supply 3.4A doesn't mean that is how many will flow into the Esplora. It does have a poly-fuse at 500mA.

(deleted)

According to https://www.arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-esplora-schematic.pdf, it does not seem to have a 5V regulator.

No personal experience, but from a few threads on this forum power banks often switch of if insufficient current is drawn; you might be better off using a normal cell-phone charger.

spycatcher2k:
Then I suggest doing better research! It does have a voltage regultor.

Arduino Esplora - EasyEDA

It doesn’t. If you try to power it with more than 5v you would burn it. (obviously 6v would not burn it but you got the point)

blh64:
That would work fine. Just because your power bank can supply 3.4A doesn't mean that is how many will flow into the Esplora. It does have a poly-fuse at 500mA.

So what is the best way to power it?
It's gonna be the remote controller of a little car so I can't connect it to the wall.

enrperes:
So what is the best way to power it?
It's gonna be the remote controller of a little car so I can't connect it to the wall.

If your little car has a steady and regulated 5 volt supply, use that. If not, either adapt the power available, or give it a separate battery powered supply. Three alkaline cells in series should work.

I’ve found this voltage regulator that you can probably use for it on your breadboard, but I’m not that sure.
You can use a 4xAA or 6xAA cases with 1.5v or 1.25v batteries and connect their output to asplora’s 5 pin (it should be the same as Vcc in arduino UNO as far as I know), but I’m not that sure.
Does anybody know if this can be a good solution?

blh64:

Oh wait you already said that using the power bank is good lol.

Okay thanks

Don't know if my solution is good, wait for others to answer.