Arduino-etape liquid level sensor-stepper driver

Help?

I am completely without any knowledge and would like to get help. First let me explain what I am hoping to accomplish.

I want to use the etape liquid level sensor to operate a gate/dam (Stepper motor) using arduino. I need to know what circuitry/processors or stepper drivers to use/arduino.

When liquid rises I want the Arduino to raise the gate (stepper motor responds) and when the liquid lowers the gate in return lowers.

Thanks! Doug

To get you started with the steppers.

stepper basics

Maybe consider a servo to control the gate. Much easier to interface with Arduino and maybe cheaper, too (no dedicated driver to purchase and precise position control). An external power supply will be required in either case.

I am completely without any knowledge and would like to get help. First let me explain what I am hoping to accomplish.

Well, we don’t get that here very often…

I need to know what circuitry/processors or stepper drivers to use/arduino.

You seem to have already chosen the processor, have you not ?
How are we supposed to explain the circuitry to you if you have no knowledge/experience of electronics ? Are you sure you are not biting off more than you can chew ?

For starters, what do you know about the sensor ?
How do you plan to drive the stepper motor ?
We’re kind of at a disadvantage here. You have given us next to nothing to go on.
Are you asking us to recommend a stepper motor driver ?
If so, are you going to tell us the electrical specifications of your motor so we can match the driver to the motor ?
How do you plan to build this ? (Breadboard, soldered point to point , PCB, etc…)
How about a little more information ?

SEE PAGES 5 & 6 of this. (for step-sequence info)

FYI, you need to establish some parameters/specifications:
ie:
stepper shaft speed
steps to open gate
steps to close gate

I assume you already have the proper stepper motor chosen and the shaft coupling/linkage designed/selected .