Arduino Ethernet availability

So I got a email from a supplier that the Arduino Ethernet will soon go out of production.

Can’t find any of it on the site or the forum (and other posts seem to be ignored…).

Is it true or just a false rumor? And if so, does the board has a replacement?

So I got a email from a supplier

Which one?

Hi, My suppliers are in normal production for both shield and module versions: HERE:

...and W5200 versions coming soon..

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

PaulS: Which one?

First RS componants. Then found out they are going with the .ORG. Next was conrad, now digikey...

the new Arduino Ethernet is supplied with the Wizznet W5500 , that should be better than the the normal W5100.

I' ve ordered one from the supplier you mentioned above, now I'm waiting this new Arduino ethernet

PacoP: the new Arduino Ethernet is supplied with the Wizznet W5500 , that should be better than the the normal W5100.

I' ve ordered one from the supplier you mentioned above, now I'm waiting this new Arduino ethernet

Yeah thats the trick. The new arduino ethernet, Arduino Leonardo Ethernet2, isn't supplied by arduino.cc but a competitor. And that one has the W5500 on board and on board USB. Only problems are: The pin layout isn't 100% the same. The I2C pins are moved, and because I have a lot of I2C shields made, I can only use them on the Rev3 and not the arduino ethernet 2.

Arduino.cc has never supplied products, since they are not manufacturer. Arduino Ethernet 2 is manufactured & supplied by the same manfacturer of Arduino ethernet. Now there is a legal dispute about the brand, logo et etc.

Anyway, I've checked the pin layout and it seems the same. It follow the standard 1.0 pinout Rev 3

The I2C pins, ( SDA & SCL ) are on the same position of the "old" Arduino Ethernet.

W5500 should be better and the USB adapter is not more necessary

Not exactly. The atmega328P uses the A4 and A5 pins as I2C, the atmega32U4 uses the D3 and D4 pins. So the pins of the SDA and SCL remain on the same position, the functionality changes (Perhaps I wasn't fully clear, bear with me here...)

ah, OK, now is clear. But, the different pins used by I2C should be defined by the libraries included on the IDE ( IDE from arduino.org and not from arduino.cc, since arduino.cc have not the Leonardo ethernet,not yet )