After a long time back to arduino for a new ethernet project more complex than what I had before.
Standard hello world project with on/off state change of led over http and port forwarding router.
a tablet pc sits between arduino and router, no port forwarding.
- connection between arduino and tablet: only ethernet, nothing else
- dhcp between tablet and router over wifi: ip unknown when writing arduino sketch
- tablet has no free port so that I can add, say, another NIC to have 2 ip address pairs.
- java used to program the tablet
I assume that I have to implement this software setup if feasible (tell me please):
- standard request / response of http between tablet and server providing user web page to publish event
- socket connection between tablet and arduino
My little knowledge in networking says 1-network card / chip gives 1-ip address on tablet, so in my case, I can't have two pairs of ip, say, 10.10.10.10 for arduino server sketch and 10.10.10.11 for the socket calling from tablet (in java) and then 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.1 between the tablet and the router. On server sketch example of arduino it is also written that the ip is dependent on lan. I guess the solution is software and I just don't know it, may be forum has the solution too but I also don't know to search what keyword.
That's why I'm in trouble and turned to forums again
Please suggest how in case of my constraints I can implement a solution..