Arduino Ethernet Shield development

Dear experts, I just decided to get buy an Arduino Ethernet Shield module for my new project. Can anyone tell if this module about to direct access to database via network?

here are what I am going to do with the module:

• design 2 buttons for On and Off
  • connect to MYSQL to add data

Thanks for advice.

cwteoh: Dear experts, I just decided to get buy an Arduino Ethernet Shield module for my new project. Can anyone tell if this module about to direct access to database via network?

here are what I am going to do with the module:

• design 2 buttons for On and Off
  • connect to MYSQL to add data

Thanks for advice.

I think it'll be hard to connect Arduino directly to a MySQL database. The best solution I see (without using a PC connected directly to Arduino) is: - Arduino access a HTTP server that is in the same machine the MySQL server is - Arduino make REST requests to this HTTP application - The HTTP application serves informations to Arduino from the database

We have HTTP protocol (client and server-side) implemented on Arduino, so it is the easiest way.

• Arduino access a HTTP server that is in the same machine the MySQL server is

The HTTP server and the MySQL database do not need to be on the same machine. The HTTP server can access the MySQL database remotely, if the two servers are configured to allow this.

PaulS:

• Arduino access a HTTP server that is in the same machine the MySQL server is

The HTTP server and the MySQL database do not need to be on the same machine. The HTTP server can access the MySQL database remotely, if the two servers are configured to allow this.

I know, it was just an example and I tried to simplify it. :-)

I know, it was just an example and I tried to simplify it. :-)

I figured you knew. Just wanted to make sure OP knew.