Arduino Ethernet shield without PoE

Hi all,
i have bought new Arduino Ethernet shield without PoE ,instead for serial communicationover usb,i have decided to communicate over RJ45 cable using this board.please guide me how to use the board,it lacks information on NET.

There are Ethernet/internet examples in the IDE for study and testing. Any needs for .NET might be found on a .NET forum.

NET means internet not .net.

i have decided to communicate over RJ45 cable using this board.

What is the Ethernet shield going to be doing, then? Did you buy an expensive shield just to keep the RJ45 shield company?

how else you connect ethernet shield your pc Mr.paul.

how else you connect ethernet shield your pc Mr.paul.

I don't connect my Ethernet shield to my PC. I connect mine to a router. But, what does that have to do with RJ45?

have decided to communicate over RJ45 cable using this board.please guide me how to use the board

If you think you can talk to the Arduino via the ethernet cable, I'm afraid that you are sadly mistaken.

how you connect your ethernet shield to the router.

how you connect your ethernet shield to the router.

Using a network cable. Mine's blue, if that makes any difference to you.

i connect internet router to pc using rj45 cable.

i connect internet router to pc using rj45 cable.

OK. And how do you make the PC talk to the router?

roshancheluva:
Hi all,
i have bought new Arduino Ethernet shield without PoE ,instead for serial communicationover usb,i have decided to communicate over RJ45 cable using this board.please guide me how to use the board,it lacks information on NET.

OK, your shield is on the arduino board, the internet cable connected to your shield and to the router.... time to try it :

All you need to know is already in the IDE examples, if you prefer examples from the net, here they are (these are the same examples :wink: :

you could start with this one :

or this one http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/WebServer

both will allow you to see if everything is OK, then, it's up to you to write the sketch that does what you need it to do :wink: