arduino +ethernet shield

hi all experts..

i am trying to use aduino as web server.. i m stuck in network configuration. i have a usb internet device attached to my laptop, a router attached to laptop via lan and arduino connected to router. i can turn on-off led using URL but unable to access remotely.. plz help...how to get public ip address of my router and how to route...?

You have to open a port in the router. That is something specific for your router, you probably find it somewhere online.

To know your public IP address, you can google for websites that show your own IP address.

When you have a website running at a webhoster, you can use PHP and a database and use the Arduino to upload data to it.

The easiest way is to use a site like ThingSpeak.com (there are a few sites like that). You can upload for example the temperature and they show a nice graph. You don't have to alter the settings of the router for that.

but unable to access remotely.. plz help...how to get public ip address of my router and how to route...?

There are dynamic IP services such as no-ip.com that supply a domain name that they keep updated to allow outside connections to your router. You will need to setup port forwarding on your router to your arduino server.